[email protected] / +44 (0) 28 3755 2742
Narrow Water Castle, the home of the Hall family since 1670, originally in the Old Narrow Water Keep is situated on the shoreline of Carlingford Lough which is now a national monument.
In 1816 construction began on the new Castle by Thomas Duff, a well-known Newry architect who also designed the Cathedrals in Newry, Armagh and Dundalk.
The Elizabethan revival style castle made from local granite and built next to the existing house, Mount Hall (1680) was completed in 1836. Many of the fine features of the interior of the castle, for example the library fireplace, and much of the furniture and panelling were carved by a firm called Curran & Sons from Lisburn, Co. Down.